So the Zone leaders of Soweto East Zone were in Pick and Pay (one of the major
grocery store chains here) and about 10 guys came in and pulled their guns all
at the same time and robbed the customers. They held a gun on Elder Seaberg
and he gave them his wallet and cell phone. Fortunately his cell phone can be
replaced and his driver's license and passport were in his white mission
handbook. He just had about $10 in his wallet. Anyway, that ended my solo
trips to the grocery store. I was feeling pretty independant and would go to a
store close by but I don't think I'll be doing that anymore!
We were
pretend investigators for the MTC again this week. These African Elders know
the gospel so well. We had a couple of really good teachers. The Fast and
Testimony meeting in the Soweto Ward was just amazing. These members know
exactly what a testimony is and they bare their testimony and sit down because
there are many who want a turn. I played the ailing electric piano for Relief
Society and it went better than I thought. We went to the baptism of the girl
we met last Sunday when we went with Elder Reeve for the baptism interview.
Her husband was so excited to have his wife baptized. It was very sweet. We
also had our every two week testimony meeting with the Elders tonight.
Missions aren't easy and they share their struggles and successes with us every
two weeks. It's amazing. Those are the highlights of our week. I was told
about a fabric store that had wonderful African fabric so Saturday morning Ross
and I headed out. After an hour and a half, we finally found it. Google map
let us down and the GPS can't necessarily be trusted either. Anyway, it was an
amazing store with rolls and rolls of fabric 95" wide. I've never seen
anything like it. I'm making a new duva cover for our comforter and I won't
have to make one seam. We want to help the MTC Elders and Sisters. There is
so much need here where do you start so I asked Sister Reber, the MTC mom and
she gave me some sizes for the young men and a sister who came with nothing. I
found some pants for the Elders but am still looking for the little tiny Sister.
Anyway, that's where we're putting our assistance and you can feel that you're
assisting too with the money you've contributed. One Sister came with her
clothes in plastic bags so Ross is fixing a handle on a suitcase Sister Reber
found for her. Sister Reber had the Elder come and model the new pants for us.
He was so happy and pleased. Anyway, I have Sister Reber reporting to me
what needs she finds and we will look for and purchase what we can to help send
these young people on their way with a little more than they came with.
No comments:
Post a Comment