Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Christmas 2013

Christmas this year was much easier than last year.  I tried to take more pictures and look for ways to bring Christ into Christmas in South Africa. 
We went to the Fourways ward's Christmas party because Elder Laban and Elder Ryan invited us.  They were performing on the program and we enjoyed it very much.
Elder Laban was from New Zealand and Elder Ryan from England

Elder and Sister Hillam, Elder Laban, Sister and Elder Bishop
Elder Laban went home shortly after this program
Elder Bishop was asked to be Father Christmas for the Roodepoort Ward's Christmas party
Many of the little ones were afraid but they took their presents anyway

A pretty jolly pair!

This year I even had a tiny little tree
And, of course, our nativity set - I never took it down from last Christmas
A sample of the weather in South Africa in December - beautiful and green!

We made dinner for all of the Elders on Christmas Day


The cooks - Sister Bishop, Sister Meldrum, Sister Dummer, Sister Hillam, and Sister Omer
Elder ?, Elder Zebe, and Elder Hansen
Christmas joy!
We enjoyed New Year's Eve with these fine Brothers and their wives:  President Reber, President of the MTC, Elder Hillam, President Omer, and Elder Bishop.  We played the couch game and they were hilarious (couldn't remember any names) are they senior citizens maybe?  I think they finally won, thus the picture with all four of them on the couch. We had a very fun time.




No comments:

Post a Comment