Sunday, October 13, 2013

Ether 12:6

"And now, I, Moroni would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith."

That scripture comes to mind as I ponder over the last couple of months.   I finally had a chance to decompress a little since last Tuesday.   It had been a grueling, don't stub your toe or rip a hang nail or we won't make the deadline kind of month and I didn't realize how we had been pushing and forcing ourselves to stay on task until I went home one night feeling sick because I was physically, mentally, and emotionally drained.   I actually went to bed at 6 p.m.   We did make the deadline but that didn't mean we could just relax and hang around the office and do our "office work" which was behind, understandably.   You can't do office work if you're not in the office.   We had to get going on the next set of flats we need to get ready for the elders and seniors coming in November.   I kind of took a few days off of looking because we really didn't have any time to go check out new places and some of them are far away.   So here's where I think about the scripture and "after the trial of your faith."   None of the places we are asked to find have come easy.   I have searched, hunted, called, we've driven to and looked until something finally comes up.   But four new flats have fallen into our laps this week - literally.   I still had to research but not for hours and one phone call and one visit and voila - there they are.   A couple because some agents who we have worked with before helped us and the other two just happened after a couple of phone calls.   I feel it's the blessing and reward for being diligent, trudging along, and doing an incredible amount of work.   I'm overwhelmed with gratitude for such blessings.   Truthfully, I could hardly face another month like last but it feels like the hard part is done.   We still have a lot of physical work to do and a lot of traveling, but the mental stress has lessened some - for me anyway.   Elder Bishop has been at the office every night - he can work circles around me when it comes to computer endurance - but I can sure out shop him!   But in order to get everything done, we have to divide and concur!   One of the best things I've done is to learn how to drive on the left side of the road! 

We enjoyed a Saturday outing with the Hillams to the Lion and Rhino park just 30 minutes from here.   Have you ever seen a white lion in the zoo - I haven't.   But there are white lions in South Africa - they are not albinos.   We also visited the Wonder Caves and saw some amazing stalagtite and stalagmites and pillars - and it was nice and cool.   It's getting hot and anywhere outside of Johannesburg is about 20 degrees hotter.   We're going to die when we go to the northeast next month - we're not use to humidity and heat.

Just want you to know how thankful we are that we can be here and serve and also how thankful we are for the guidance, protection, and blessings we receive.   We love you all and are so grateful for your prayers, for your righteous lives, and great examples you are to us.   

No comments:

Post a Comment