Sunday, July 22, 2012

First Day in Johannesburg

We won't talk about the plane ride.   It was a nightmare and we escaped any deep vein thrombosis and that's all I'm going to say about that.

Our apartment is bigger and nicer than I pictured.   We'll take some pictures as soon as we get some hangers and get our clothes hung up. I was right, there is no carpet on the floors so I'm grateful for my slippers:) We have a car but driving on the left side of the road is crazy so we've got to do a little short driving practice.   We've met everyone at the mission office - all very nice.   It seems they're all a bit over loaded and stressed but I think that's the nature of a mission office.   We'll meet with the President tomorrow and he'll tell us what he wants us to do.   Looks like Ross could be major help with the finances and the fleet if they're willing.   But the President is the boss so we'll see what he says.   The mission office, MTC, and CES office are in a nice little area called Discovery and our apartment is just across the street.   The MTC will get new Elders August 2 so I don't know how much we're involved in that.  It is about 40 minutes away from the temple and area office and the temple is closed for repairs until September.  After chatting with the sr. couples, we all went to a nice restraurant for dinner and it was very good.  They had cereal, fruit, and milk here for us for breakfast so we haven't had a chance to go shopping yet.  We don't know what ward we'll be assigned to either.

The jet lag hasn't been too bad - we've been going all day and it's our 9:00 p.m and we're both still on our feet, but we haven't really done anything today except unpack so I imagine after a day at the office, we'll be beat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment