Sipho, Doris, and their two sons invited us to dinner one Sunday. They fed us oxtail with rice and vegetables. It was very good. Then dessert was custard over jello (which they call jelly) with a slice of my banana bread that I had given them. Then we didn't see them at church for a couple of weeks so we went to visit them again. Sipho was struggling with feeling offended by what someone had said and was not wanting to go back. Elder Bishop talked to him and read scriptures with him and got him to see that he was only hurting himself. He agreed and came back. Two weeks ago he was sustained as the first counselor in the Branch presidency. We were thrilled. Their youngest son in front is mission age and is a great young man. We're hoping that he'll want to go and will get prepared. Doris is the Young Women's president and just a dear.
Thelma, Tumelo, and Daniel are great people. Thelma comes to church often but Daniel not so much. He's the friendliest nicest guy and Tumelo is the cutest and friendly like his dad.
We travel so much I decided to be productive on all the long road trips so started making doilies for the sisters in the branch. So for Easter I filled two baskets......
One for Doris, Sipho and family and one for Thelma, Daniel, and Tumelo
I gave Thelma (shes wearing a cute wig) and Daniel theirs at church and we delivered Sipho and Doris to their house. They loved them and wanted to return the baskets (Easter baskets were tricky to find - I bought them from a florist shop) but I assured them they were theirs to keep
No comments:
Post a Comment