I thought I'd announce
that after many months, I had a Saturday at home instead of out in the mission.
We had planned to do some furniture juggling but it rained for about 36
hours straight so that was cancelled. It was a wet miserable morning so
we decided to stay home and take care of things here. Well, I was home
but Ross was at the office. He's always glad to have some quiet hours
with no interruptions to do some catch up work. I started with a haircut
at our salon that gives you the most amazing head message. It is worth
every penny. I then was able to take my time grocery shopping - which
never happens - I'm usually grabbing on the run but I enjoyed taking my time
going up and down the aisles. Then I came home and put on my apron and
mixed up some cinnamon rolls, made banana bread, did the ironing, altered a
pair of pants for some elders, all the while listening to conference sessions.
It was warm and cozy in my little kitchen and I was in a little bit of
heaven - just doing domestic work that I usually have to do on the run - in a
hurry, after work, etc.
I even got to spend a
little time with Jane Eyre, book of choice at the moment. I was reading
a very boring biography about Charlotte Bronte (because she had a boring life)
but she was an amazing writer and after reading the biography, I think Jane
Eyre had a lot of "autobiography" in it. She was not an orphan
but she was a very plain but very educated stay at home quiet person.
Anyway, I don't know how many times I've read it but it's with a different
perspective this time but I still love it.
I shared the cinnamon
rolls with the three Assistants who were watching conference at the office to
thank them for helping us move yesterday. We were able to load the
furniture, leave the flat spit spot and unload and sort everything by noon
thanks to these three Elders and the senior couple who had cleaned out,
organized, and had their flat all ready to go. It was wonderful.
I gave some cinnamon rolls to the Leavitts and told her I baked my bread today
- she makes bread every Saturday. I felt bad when I carried this plate
of warm, yummy cinnamon rolls past the guard shack on a cold dreary day so
hurried home and gave a plate to them. Then I gave some to President and
Sister Reber and Elder Henerico who is convalescing at the MTC because he has
Sicle Cell Anemia and was in the hospital for three weeks. We don't know
if he'll recover enough to finish his mission. It's a terrible disease
with no cure and bad complications so we're very sorry for him and his future.
Then the elders next door came home for dinner and I had two big ones
left so I gave those to them.
We have two appointments tomorrow to see a family and a inactive return missionary so I printed a flannel board story and colored it. I have two loaves of banana bread for them and one for the elders at the branch (they get a treat every week). I peeled my potatoes and carrots and cut them up so I can throw them in the crockpot so we can have a hot dinner all ready when we get home tomorrow. Let's see, I finished a doily, washed a gagillion dishes and fixed dinner when Ross came home from the office. It sounds like a very routine boring day but for me it was delightful just to be able to be home and do what I wanted to do all the while feeling very blessed to be able to be here working and serving others.
We have two appointments tomorrow to see a family and a inactive return missionary so I printed a flannel board story and colored it. I have two loaves of banana bread for them and one for the elders at the branch (they get a treat every week). I peeled my potatoes and carrots and cut them up so I can throw them in the crockpot so we can have a hot dinner all ready when we get home tomorrow. Let's see, I finished a doily, washed a gagillion dishes and fixed dinner when Ross came home from the office. It sounds like a very routine boring day but for me it was delightful just to be able to be home and do what I wanted to do all the while feeling very blessed to be able to be here working and serving others.
We're still working hard,
but we're not feeling so much stress and feeling more in control. We
went to two parties last week - one birthday party for Pres Reber and one FHE
with the senior couples. What a blessing to have these great people as
our friends. We were able to file our income tax on line with the info Monica
sent us and will get refunds back from both Federal and State - another
blessing. We continue to be healthy and able to keep up the pace and
demands of the mission. We're enjoying the work more - not so much the fact
that we asked the landlord to fix the roof the last time it rained but nope,
the elders are wet from this rainstorm again:( So aggravating! We
love you all. We miss you but wouldn't trade this experience for
anything. You guys can all manage without us but President Omer cannot:)
No comments:
Post a Comment