Friday, August 3, 2012

Getting Settled

   It was a good week and I had some successes.   It started out with dinner cooked by the AP's.   It was dellicious and we enjoyed hearing about the four missionaries and then we stayed and just visited with the Leavitts.   They're just great people, so cute and fun and easy to talk to.   Then I started out at the office trying to learn about the missionaries medical and insurance procedures.   Sister Oborn was the one to teach me but has a lot on her docket so I just said okay to everything she said and was determined to do some research and study and figure it out myself.   I know I haven't been the studious type the last 50 years but I was a good student when I was in school so I put myself in research mode and went to work.   By Tuesday I had cracked a few codes, sent some e-mail inquiries, dug through some files, and by Wednesday I had things sorted out, figured out and had to untangle a few knots and organize and combine some papers and was on my way filing insurance claims the correct way that hadn't been done for quite some time.   It was good for me to do that myself because if someone just tells you do this and do that it usually doesn't make any sense.   So by Thursday night I had all eligible claims e-filed.   Yup, I discovered the form on line, filled them out, printed, scanned and e-mailed them to the person in charge at the area.   Then I reorganized the files, made new files, and by Thursday night I was more than exhausted but it felt so good.

Bonnie (my childhood friend) and I use to play office secretary when we were little kids and I still love playing office.   I'm a real live secretary - take and forward phone calls, take messages, label and sort mail, fill orders, type spread sheets (yes I can get my way around excel.)   Well, anyway, it felt so good to know and understand what was happening and to be able to catch up.   So now I can learn new things next week:)   Wednesday night we went to a Sr. couples potluck dinner and party.   The mission MTC is right next to our office and the mission president and his wife are just great.   She's a really bubbly fun lady - a game player - so she had us playing all sorts of games.   It was great.   We met many more couples - fun time. 

Friday nights are hilarious because if you want to avoid the traffic mess and chaos you don't want to go shopping on Saturday.   But the stores close at 6 p.m so we left the office at 5 - ran to the store, ran through the store throwing stuff in our basket and made it out by 5:50.   Phrew - you learn the tricks.   I don't want to go anywhere tomorrow - I just want to stay home in my jeans - not put on a dress- clean the house, do the laundry and make some curtains.   I might just get to do that.  Ross is still trying to untangle the cell-phone mess with the mission.   In the meantime he has put out some fires and helped and assisted.   Elder Leavitt is so thankful to have him in the office - it gives him so much more relief to have Elder Bishop who is calm, collected, and handles what needs to be handled (if he can).   Well, hope you all have a lovely weekend.   We see that it's still very hot everywhere.   Hope that doesn't mean our summer will be that hot, also.   It's lovely here.   Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment